Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Night and Day....

Yes, I still paint.... I know I have had a few photography posts, but here is my latest project. In 1991 I painted my first figure. It was quite the mess. The same Verlinden kit was re-released a few years ago. It's been sitting in the stash.
Well, here is the same figure 27 years later....... I did take the liberty to change a couple of things. The hands on the original kit were huge. So I used some hands from a Verlinden parts kit that are a bit more proportional. The flight helmet was modified a little to match my reference. I removed the knife and flag patch on the right arm. The original kit is about 1/4" taller.. I guess the mold shrunk over the years. The first figure was painted with oils, the new one with acrylics. Enjoy the comparison.









No comments:

Barbarian ?

 1/9 scale 3D print- I don't know what it's called.....